Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 44: Merry Christmas

This week was my ten-month mark! On the same day was the eight-month mark of my first baptism here. My convert was pretty happy and reminded me that it was his eight-month mark. Then the next day he baptized someone! Can I tell you how happy that makes me? He is truly converted. He is preparing to serve a mission and is helping his sister prepare to be baptized as well. I love being here because I can see how my last area has progressed. Three people that we started teaching are now baptized, and the elders are preparing three others. Sure it took a long time for a few of them, but I love to see them happy and with testimonies.

Missionaries and my first convert.

I go on exchanges with the sisters. My companion and I change companions with a set of sisters for a day. We do this so we can see how the sisters are doing and help them with anything they need. While we were out we found a little family of hogs walking around looking for food. 

This Little Piggy

One of our investigators had a birthday, so we bought her a little cake. She was pretty happy because they hadn't done anything for her birthday, since they don`t have much money. 

Happy Birthday!


It honestly does not feel like Christmas because it's so hot. Mexicans don't put up many outside decorations. They are afraid that it draws attention to their house and people are more likely to rob them. I can’t believe that after four months of driving my companions crazy (only 54 days until we talk to our familys) it is finally this week! How exciting is that?

"To catch the real meaning of the spirit of Christmas, we need only drop the last syllable and it becomes the Spirit of Christ." -President Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment