Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 42: Sister Training Leader

Saying good-bye to my favorite family.


I have officially left La Huerta after six months. I cried a lot saying goodbye to everyone yesterday. It’s okay because the Lord needs me in another area. And do you know what area that happens to be? Lazaro Cardenas! The same ward that I started my mission in. But I served in Lazaro Cardenas I and now I am in Lazaro Cardenas II. I had forgotten how ridiculously hot it is here. 

I have been called to be a sister training leader (STL). Ah! An STL is the leader of the sisters. We go on divisions with them, teach, help them, and work with the Zone Leaders to give training  for Zone Meetings. I am super nervous!

When the mission president told me I would be an STL, I think at first I might have laughed because I thought it was a joke. Of course the first thoughts I had were "I can’t do this for this reason or that reason." Then, when I was praying about it the scripture mastery 1Nephi 3:7 came into my head. "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded" because God won’t give me anything to do if He doesn’t know that I can do it. 

I also really like the scripture you sent me. I’ve actually taken to memorizing it in Spanish because I think it has become my slogan for the mission! “Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.” (Alma 26:12)

We went to a training meeting in Guadalajara.


No comments:

Post a Comment