Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 32: Random Bits and Pieces

I’ve just been writing down things that I’ve wanted to tell you this week, so my letter shall be very random. :)

-I can do my makeup (powder, blush, eyebrows, and mascara) in a record-breaking time of five and a half minutes. Round of applause please. :)

-In the MTC Hermana Burns hated my weird leg shaking habit, so I worked hard to get rid of it. Now Hermana Mayorga has the same problem and I’m relapsing! Ah!

-Two of our recent converts gave talks in church. They were so ridiculously scared, but they did absolutely great! 

 -I accidently asked a young man if we could come to his house and give him and massage, instead of asking if we could come to his house and share a message.

-This week we had a member accompany us for a few lessons and while we were walking she asked me how it feels to have less that a year before I go home. It really surprised me! I almost forgot that I had a life before the mission and that I will have that life again in less then a year. Weird. I’m happy here serving, but I must admit I kind of miss my family.

 I’ve been studying a lot about obedience, because it is the first law of heaven. In 3 Nephi 28:34 it reads, “whoso receiveth not the words of Jesus and the words of those whom he hath sent receiveth not him; and therefore he will not receive them at the last day;” If we can’t learn obedience (and repentance) we can’t receive eternal happiness. Someone gave a great talk on Sunday. He said when he was baptized the elders asked him what he wants in the future. He said he wants a nice house, big yard, a car, and comfort. To be able to reach that long-term goal he would have to work really hard right now and for a long time. It’s the same with eternal blessings; the work we put in right now, will determine our “house, car, yard, and comfort” after this life. This life is so ridiculously short, but the way we live it will decide our eternal happiness.


Teaching the gospel to Mr. Morelos
(at least I think that's who it is)

No comments:

Post a Comment