Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 28: Teaching About Prayer

Hermano Tinoco is one of our investigators and we love visiting him! We have been preparing him for baptism and he is progressing well. He learns very slowly, but he has such a desire to learn. In one of his notebooks we wrote the steps on how to pray.

1. Heavenly Father
2. I thank thee for…
3. I ask thee for…
4. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen

We’ve explained these steps at least a million times, but every time he prays he just reads each of the points. Then before he says amen he just starts talking to God. He says things like, ¨Okay Heavenly Father, this is what I have to tell you...¨ or ¨I know I’m old and slow, but please help me to remember what the sisters are teaching.” His prayers are so sincere it amazes me...just he puts things a little out of order. lol

Prayer is such a blessing! On the mission, I miss you guys a lot and I think, “Oh, I would love to be able to tell my family this or that!” It’s easy to forget that we always have family close by. Our Father in Heaven is anxiously waiting to talk to us. He loves to hear what’s going on in our lives, how we are feeling, and what we need. He wants to help us, if we humble ourselves and ask.

INVITATION FOR THE WEEK: Take time to have a conversation with our Heavenly Father. I’m sure He doesn’t appreciate hearing the same things every time. As we bring ourselves closer to God we will find the answers to questions we didn’t know we had. We will find more purpose in our lives, and great joy through the good times and even the bad. We will find more love filling our lives.

Hermano Tinoco has at least 10 pairs of glasses and
he can't see with any of them.

Most of the sisters in my district.

This is our district. Beautiful, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment