Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 33: Forgetful

General Conference was amazing! It’s funny mom that your favorite talk was by Elder Jorg Klebingat because it was one of my favorites as well. When we left conference my companion asked me if that one was my favorite, because she knew I like things firm and to the point. I loved his opening question: If you had an interview with Christ three minutes from now, how would you feel? This will be my new slogan in life. 

I also really liked the talks by Dieter F Uchtdorf and Tad R. Callister. I loved when Elder Callister said, "In the life to come, I do not know if titles such as bishop or relief society president will survive, but I do know that the titles of husband and wife, father and mother, will continue and be revered, worlds without end." After his talk I made a lot of goals of things I want to become better at. One day I will have the title of mother (at least I hope I will - Brycie will say no) which is the most important title I can receive. I don’t want to mess it up!  

I love my area, and my companion and I are getting along really well! I’m pretty content. I have a feeling that she will end up training a new missionary after this cambio, so we are doing a lot to help her prepare. Every Monday night I forget everything about the mission, then on Tuesday she completely trains me. I’m really enjoying it and she is learning a ton. I’m not sure if she is enjoying it very much, but she knows that it will help her a lot. Tonight I will forget everything again. lol

¨Being a disciple of Jesus Christ is not an effort of once a week or once a day. It is an effort of once and for all.” Dieter F. Uchtdorf





No comments:

Post a Comment