Thursday, March 13, 2014

Week 3 at the MTC

We have so many investigators I can't keep them straight! There is Elida who is super nice. Then there's Ivellisse, who always has a TON of questions and knows the Bible ridiculously well. She kind of scares me. lol I teach her with five other girls, so only one girl talks the whole time and the rest of us sit there. It makes me mad. We are doing TRC once a week, where we teach two members for 20 minutes each. Those are bad because usually they are native and REALLY hard to understand! lol

Then our lessons with Alejandro are going okay? We haven't really had a good lesson with him yet. Yesterday I just wanted to die I was so embarrassed after our lesson! lol First, I was trying to say "I ask" which is "pedir". I thought conjugated in the you form would be "pedo". But nooo! It's irregular and it's "peido". "Pedo" means fart!! So I said "pedo" at least a million times in my conversation before my companion told me what it means!! lol. I was so embarrassed!!

Then the past two days my companion and I had been preparing hard core for our lesson with Alejandro. We were determined to have a great lesson! We studied answers to his questions and we were excited for the lesson. Butttt because we were so prepared we got nervous and scared, since we were putting so much pressure on ourselves. Then ten minutes before our lesson we were told we would only have five minutes instead of twenty-five. We were freaking out! So when we knocked on the door I think ALL of our stress and frustration we had been holding in the past three weeks came bubbling up. We said "hi", which was followed by an awkward silence. Then I said something stupid and he mocked me. We all started laughing and we couldn't stop. It's like one of those times you laugh so hard and you don't know if it's because something's funny, or you're just frustrated. Yeah, it was bad. So we had to start over, and it was bad again. I just wanted to die. lol I hope he doesn't think that we are not taking our lessons seriously. I'm pretty embarrassed, and I don't think I ever want to go back again. lol

My Spanish is getting better. Starting Monday I'm making a promise not to speak English anymore, until I leave the MTC. I'm having difficulties, but we have the best teachers in the MTC. They help a lot and I can always feel the Spirit with them. I think they get slightly frustrated with us sometimes though because we are kind of dumb, but it's a work in the progress I suppose.






No comments:

Post a Comment