Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 26: Perfection Pending

I am doing a lot better with Spanish, although sometimes people can’t understand everything I say. I want to know Spanish perfectly; NOW! I think I need to study much more about patience.

We have been teaching a family from Congo. Only the dad speaks Spanish and everyone else speaks French. It makes teaching a little difficult. We´re always uncomfortable because the culture is different and we don´t know when we are doing something wrong. The dad is a teacher at the nearby university. He talks a LOT and he took the pleasure of informing us that as servants of God, we are doing a very bad job. We are boring, bad teachers, and he has learned nothing. No offence of course. lol So he gave us a nice long lecture on what we should do differently. We were pretty distraught.

My companion and I are both ridiculously stubborn, which makes me mad. This week we had a few rough spots...and a really long Thursday. We both went on strike and it was absolutely ridiculous. Woofta.

“Think the best of each other, especially those you say you love. Assume the good and doubt the bad.” -Jeffrey R. Holland


We Love Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment