Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 52: Forget Me Not

Can you believe I’ve almost been gone for one year? And guess what I’m going to do to celebrate it? Do exchanges with the sisters! Being a STL means that you don’t get to know your actual companion very well because we do exchanges so often. But we do have eight-hour bus trips together often.
I finished the Book of Mormon! I know I read slowly, but that’s okay, I love it. I especially like Moroni 9:6 and Moroni 10:34. I love the book Moroni; it’s super freaky and powerful. I also love the introduction to the Book Mormon. It contains a quote from Joseph Smith that says,  “the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.” We can’t just read the Book of Mormon. We have to apply the teachings and make the appropriate changes in our lives.
I read the talk ¨Forget me Not¨ by Dieter F Uchtdorf this week and I think it’s become my new favorite. “Forget not to be patient with yourself. Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice. Forget not to be happy now. Forget not the ‘why’ of the gospel. Forget not that the Lord loves you.”
We had six investigators in church. How exciting!
Our Yummy Valentine Donuts!

My valentine surprise to my companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment